Wednesday, January 28, 2009

While you were sleeping...

Here is a story that has both sad parts and happy parts...

While Cecil was sleeping, I was thinking. I don't sleep much because I can't close my eyes because my eyes are just dots drawn on with a Sharpie.

I was thinking it's Not Fair that Cecil and Garv Ballooon Clown have to earn all the money for our little family. No, Not Fair At All. So when I heard on the radio that a talent agency was looking for models, I thought, Great! Here's my chance to contribute!

So I went down there to audition for an infomercial. I wanted to get the part of the Gorgeous Blonde Lady that helps Fast Talking Man sell stuff. I really wanted that part! the part I was born to play, I think...

So when my turn came, I looked right in the camera and gave a big big big smile and said "Please explain me how is this cook pot working!" Then I turned slightly to show my cleavage to its best advantage.

Well, I didn't get the part. That's the sad part of the story. I went back home to the shopping cart under the viaduct and Cecil the Talking Mime was still sleeping. As I snuggled back up into his elbow, I reflected on my showbiz carreer, and what a fickle wretched business it is. After being chewed up and spit out by the machine, with all the best years of my life stolen in the name of that gauzy film called Fame, I was lucky to be alive...all things considered...

Later, Cecil let me hold his cigarette while he threw up in the gutter. That's the happy part of the story.